Somewhere

 Somewhere, in a galaxy a long time ago, we were tasked with placing ourselves into a scene of our choice. The main objective was to include a photo of yourself into a photo of a place that you've never been, or somewhere that you'd like to be.

As you can see above, I've chosen a photo of the younglings training in the star wars universe. I chose this because I had a couple ideas of replacing Obi-Wan with myself, or turning myself small and green like Yoda because I thought those would be fun. However after some thinking, I came up with an idea to place myself in with the small crowd of younglings training. I thought this would be hilarious because a grown man undergoing the same training as children especially in a universe as crazy as star wars, sounds quite comedic.

Here is the edited photo with myself included in the group of younglings. I had quite a bit of fun trying to figure out the best way of completing this. I had some trouble with a couple things however. I was having some trouble with finding an outfit to use in the photo. Because everyone in the scene is wearing a robe that goes almost down to the knees if not further, and I do not own any robes so I had to steal a blanket from my girlfriend and edit the colors and remove the fluffy bits you can see in the photo to the right. I also thought it would be funny to have me looking down the barrel of my light-saber as if my character isn't all there intellectually. After I changed the colors in my blanket and pants I actually had to fabricate the rest of my legs, because in the photo I took my legs were out of frame. So in the photo above I had to use the clone brush tool to build the remainder of my legs, and I also had to steal a pair of shoes from one of the nearby younglings. Overall I had fun with this and I'm pleased with the outcome. It's certainly a photo that i'm going to keep around for the humor.

Comments

  1. Max, great job on this project your creativity from your "costume" worked out really well! I wonder if you experimented with holding a lightsaber like the younglings. I think everything from your stance, to your costume, to your shadow, all worked great in this seamless incorporation of yourself into the image.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gradient Mesh

Business Cards

Autoscopy