Calligram

For my Calligram I have created a version of Captain America's shield from the marvel cinematic universe. I chose this piece because my original idea had failed and I still wanted to make something from the MCU because I love each and every one of those movies so much. I had some trouble with trying to get the colors right and to make them stand out because I didn't want to have a dark background, but the white letters almost blend too much into the white background. If I were to redo this project I would definitely change the words from just "America" or "Captain America" to some of the quotes from the movies I enjoy the most, or possibly use more "Captain America". I do enjoy this piece though and I think it's very patriotic and I'm happy with how the blue circle turned out.

Overall, this project was really fun and I've never done something like this exactly in Illustrator. Next time I'll play around more with the text and see if there's any wacky designs or fonts I can use. It was interesting to think of how to use the shapes to create the design but with enough spacing for the words, and also to use different size words to create more defined shapes like with the star or circle on the inside, while using larger letters to create a strong border around the outside.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gradient Mesh

Business Cards

Autoscopy